To enable participants to develop their ability to behave transparently by giving people candid, direct, clear messages in a professional and honest way.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define transparency
- Choose transparency as a way of communicating
- Manage your metamessages
- Accept your responsibility to challenge others
- Communicate congruently
- Give messages to others in an assertive, non-judgemental way
- Speak in behaviour terms and avoid labelling
- Give transparent feedback, both praise and criticism
- Deal transparently with feedback received from others
The heart of this course is the opportunity to practice straight talking in pairs and groups. The scenarios will cover situations of transparency with our managers, peers, staff and others. At the conclusion of each practice session, participants will receive feedback from the trainer and other participants. The sessions will be designed in such a way to gradually draw out the underpinning principles involved in behaving transparently.
Participants will be asked to complete a short self-assessment questionnaire before the course and bring it with them on Day One.