Managing and Motivating Teams
About the Course
According to John Adair, building the team is as important to achieving the task as developing its individuals. We all recognise the truth of this assertion when we witness the difference between ordinary and high performing teams.
This particular course is specifically intended for those who are keen to build/develop their practise on a solid theoretical foundation. The programme sessions combine an exploration of the relevant model, coupled with discussion of its practical application.
To enable managers to develop and refresh core management skills of managing and motivating their teams.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- List the benefits and disadvantages of teams and team working Explain the how team building activities enable teams to work more effectively together
- Recognise and develop the eight characteristics of high performing teams
- Apply the ‘hierarchy of team issues’ in team building, or the resolution of team tensions
- Apply motivational techniques to enhance team performance
- Enhance commitment through structured, purposeful team communication
- Create the kind of team culture that is wanted and needed for overall success
For further information, please contact our lead person for Leadership & Management, Sean Murphy:
• +44 (0)20 8505 2151