Conducting Excellent Appraisals
About the Course
The focus of this one day course is on the skills and mindset needed to make appraisal sessions meaningful, motivating and impactful. It directly addresses one of the central issues of appraisals: how to keep them alive and significant throughout the year.
The course positions Appraisal within a “support and challenge framework”: supporting staff to do their best and challenging them to flourish in today’s dynamic and demanding work environments. We tailor the training to include relevant organisational policies and competencies. Participants get to apply theory to practice immediately right away.
We can also provide a two day course with our professional actors, using customised scenarios and using your own documentation to offer a truly ‘real life’ development experience for participants.
To enable participants to get a solid and comprehensive introduction (or skills refresher) in performance enhancing appraisal management.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and benefits of appraisal
- Alleviate fears and concerns about the appraisal
- Prepare the environment and content for an excellent appraisal
- Work with necessary organisational documentation
- Develop an evidence-based assessment of performance
- Structure and manage the appraisal
- Use communication techniques to aid staff with their self-appraisal
- Give positive, constructive critical feedback
- Calculate the appraisee’s development needs and begin to plan how to meet them
- Deal with difficult issues that arise in the appraisal
For further information, please contact our lead person for Leadership & Management, Sean Murphy:
• +44 (0)20 8505 2151