To enable managers to become effective work-based coaches.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define coaching and distinguish coaching from mentoring, buddying and training
- List the benefits of coaching
- State the four levels of competence and identify the differing actions required of acoach at each stage
- Support the coachee to learn and develop through the use of Kolb’s LearningCycle
- Explain the different roles a coach needs to take at different times
- Listen and question effectively during coaching
- Use the STEER and GROW coaching models
- Deliver a one-to-one coaching session
Participants will practice the skills of coaching and take part in triads to practice coaching.
For further information, please contact our lead person for Communication & Work Management Liz Burgess:
- +44 (0)20 8505 2151